Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Choose Your Words Carefully

People say nasty things that hurt those around them far too often.  I see this happen regularly, and it has me thinking about the words I choose when talking to others.  I would never want to be dismissive, hurtful, snarky or otherwise mean.... yet when we let worlds fly feelings can get hurt.

I have become very aware as I listen to people speak.  I am trying to always be conscious that words have meaning.  Even when we do not intend to harm a relationship, it can happen.

Pay attention to what you say and how you say it.  Think about how your words can be interpreted by those you speak with on a regular basis.  The more I focus on this for myself, the more I recognize how common it is for people use words as weapons.

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments: