Friday, April 04, 2014

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #100) - Stormi Boyd Joins Red Velvet Events

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

It is always cool when two people I know and respect join forces and work together.  The combination of "amazing" plus "amazing" always equals more than the sum of the parts.

This week my friend Stromi Boyd joined the team at Red Velvet Events  (founded and run by another friend, Cindy Lo).  Stormi has a long resume as a meeting professional, and joins RVE as the director of professional services.  In this role Boyd will oversee a team of seasoned meeting planners and event producers. She will also be in charge of the management of Red Velvet Events' larger productions worldwide.

Stormi and I first met on a plane headed toward the PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association) annual Convene Conference in San Diego in 2012 (where I was speaking). While we had known each other via social media (and had many mutual friends) we never met until we were traveling to an out of town event. Since that time I have come to know her as a great leader in our local meetings industry community.

The best is yet to come now that these powerhouses have come together!!!

Have A Great Day

thom singer

No comments: