Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Creating a Unique Keynote Experience


"We would like to work with you, but we want to try something new.  For our event we would like to change out the standard opening keynote.  Are you willing to shake things up with your material?"

YES, YES, YES!!!

I received this call from an association about speaking at an event.  I was thrilled.  I write a lot about the need for taking risks with events, thus I must be willing to go out on a limb myself.

My Conference Catalyst program is already a bit different from your average opening keynote, but this client wants me to push it even farther.  Think theater in the round and finger-painting meet Oprah.  To experiment with something at this level needs buy in from the speaker and the client.... and I am confident that this presentation will have a lasting impact on the audience and my business.

Their purpose is well thought out.  They are not looking to be different for the sake of being different.  They want to get people engaged, make them think, and take action.  They understand that humans have different learning styles and the traditional lecture is not always the best situation to make lasting impact.  The element of  surprise for this audience with a conference attendee experience that is unique will have real meaning.  This will not be the same-old / same-old talk expected from a speaker at an event.

There are five months to prepare this unique program, and I can test the elements that will make this a "WOW" event.  Working with clients who want to push the envelope is exciting.  Creating this unique keynote will set the tone for the whole event.  Can you tell I am pumped up??  ;-)

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: