Friday, July 06, 2012

Cool Things My Friends Do - NSA Convention and Team Patrick x2

Each Friday on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their work and personal lives.      

Next week is the 2012 National Speakers Association Convention.  I am an active member of the organization, and credit much of my career success to my participation in the association.   Thanks to NSA I have gained education, met cool people, found mentors, and been inspired to grow my business.


A key part to reaping the benefits of any trade group is attending the conferences.  Paying dues alone will produce little.  It is the relationships developed with peers that lead to results.  I have attended three national conventions and two winter conferences.  The value has been discovered by being engaged with other members and discovering how they have orchestrated their careers.


Two of my favorite people in the National Speakers Association have integral roles in making this year's summer event a HUGE success.  Both have volunteered countless hours in planning and organizing to ensure a great experience for all who will be present in Indianapolis.  The whole organization is fortunate to have their dedicated to making the 2012 conference possible.


Patrick Henry is the Conference Chairperson and Patrick Mauer is the Youth Leadership Program Chair.  *(The youth leadership program is an amazing conference for the children and grandchildren of NSA members.  My oldest has participated for a few years, and would not miss it!).


Both Patrick's have worked for several years in constructing the agendas.  I cannot imagine that all the hours they have dedicated to NSA in their preparation for the event.  It must be cool to see it all coming together.


I have come to enjoy the "Cool Things My Friends Do" blog posts on Fridays.  This week I also want to say "THANK YOU".... as their hard work is paramount to so many other professional speakers (and their kids!) who will be at the convention.  

If you are a speaker and have never attended a NSA Convention... it is not too late!   Come and participate in the cool things that the Patrick's put together!!!

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: