Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Forty Days Vegan

Today marks the beginning of Lent.

This year I have decided to go vegan for the forty day period. It is more an adventure in discipline than anything else.

I was not sure I could do this, and so a while back I tried a few "Test Days" of eating a plan-based diet to see if I could manage this quest. One day lead to two days. Two days became three. I have now been vegan for ten days.

Thus, this is really fifty days vegan.

I am enjoying the experience and I feel great.  I have even survived a four day business trip and having to navigate eating at a corporate conference.  AND... the hotel was down the street from an In N Out Burger, and I did not cave in on my convictions!

I am going to write about my experiences eating vegan on a separate blog (http://www.fortydaysvegan.blogspot.com). Check out how it has gone so far!

I welcome your advice, ideas, support, restaurant suggestions, recipes, etc...

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments: