Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank You For Reading This Blog

Greg Nemer at the Internet Business with Purpose Blog is participating in Darren Rowse's Problogger.Net 31-Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge. He left a comment on Darren's blog that he was going to follow his advice and make today, April 10th, "Reader Appreciation Day" on his own blog.

Dang, that is a good thought! So I am going to copy that idea right here at the Some Assembly Required Blog. Not all ideas have to be original. Inspiration should spread organically!

WELCOME BLOG READERS - AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PART IN ASSISTING ME IN PURSUING MY LIFE'S DREAM!


Four years ago I began blogging. I was anticipating the release of my first book, "Some Assembly Required: How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships" and I began the blog to help extend the message and reach of the book. I was not sure how to blog, what to say, or if anyone would come to read these little ditties I was writing.

But readers did come, and then I felt an obligation to keep writing. I hope that this blog has inspired others. For me it has helped fine tune my skills as a writer and has served as a type of communal therapy. For that I can never properly say thank you to all of the regular readers, subscribers and those who just drop in via a random Google search. This blog and the dialogue with each of you has guided me toward being a better person.

We have come a long way at New Year Publishing since the release of that first book and the start of this blog. My life-long friends and business partners and I have left full-time jobs to work in this company. We have ten books that have been completed by a variety of authors, and many more being released in 2009. Additionally, we all actively have business consulting engagements and I have my career as a professional speaker.

None of this could have happened without all of you who have read this blog and have purchased my books. I am not sure that "Thank You" are even strong enough words to express the gratitude.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. May the spirit of joy fill your hearts.

Have A Great Day.

thom

5 comments:

Gina said...

Aloha Thom! Found you @problogger 31DBBB. I love the showing of gratitude. You have done that quite nicely in this post -may your readers spread the word!
Now off to my blog ( http://www.lunchwithouted.wordpress.com ) to do today's assignment.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Gina

Helen said...

Just wanted to drop a note and say that I've enjoyed reading your blog

Joe Cheray said...

Hey there just stopping through and visiting the blogs from yesterdays 31 DBBC assignment and wanted to say I love the design of your book cover with all the gears. I recently downloaded some paint shop pro brushes that look just like the gears on your book cover.

I think the gears are really a good fit for your niche as there is some assembly required for everything in life and some of what we have to put together involved intricate patterns and problem solving skills. Much like a clock tower that has carefully orchestrated and finely tuned gear mechanisms that help it run smoothly.

Jewel Allen said...

Found you through Problogger. :-)Congratulations on making your dreams a reality!

Greg said...

Thom,
Thanks for mentioning me in this article. I like your blog and can also learn a lot from you.