Friday, February 29, 2008

A Little Leap Year Donation

*****UPDATE - On March 1st we reached the February fundraising goal of $1,000 for the Children's Hospital in Austin, Texas. Thank you to all the readers of this blog who made donations, large and small.

HAPPY LEAP DAY

I have always loved February 29th. It is just cool cuz it is unique.

I began the month by asking readers to donate money to the Dell Children's Medical Foundation (just a little money, whatever they could afford) to celebrate my daughter's 6th birthday. Together we raised $670, most of those in $10 and $25 donations from those who regularly read the "Some Assembly Required Blog".

One reader emailed me and said she was happy to donate because she easily gets $25 of value from reading the posts on this blog. WOW, that made me smile.

The goal was $1000 for the hospital in the month of February. While I am thrilled with $670, we have this extra day because of Leap Year, so I am going to make one last plea for your help.

To impact the world of charities/non-profits, you do not need to be a millionaire. Just regular folks who will contribute little amounts make a big difference.

Your helping me raise $1000 through small amounts of cash will not have a material effect on the overall research at a large hospital, but what if 1000 people found a way to raise that same sum of money? Now that is HUGE.

We all make a difference. No one individual is insignificant when we work together.

Thank you for clicking here and reading about The Kate Singer Endowment for Cranio-Facial Surgery and making a contribution to help these amazing doctors in Central Texas with their good works.

Have A Great Day.

thom
http://www.thomsinger.com/

****UPDATE - On Feb 29th the amount moved to $745 that has been raised. Keep it coming. just $255 more and we hit the goal .... and that would be way cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful you used your blog to raise money.

Cheers,
Allyson

Anonymous said...

let me know who to make the $255 check out to. i am sure you told me somewhere, but you know how i am. Keep up the awesome work. love you brother. chad goldwasser