Saturday, September 16, 2006

Wedding Celebration


Congratulations to Kurt Gregg and Beth Kimball who are getting married today in Boise, Idaho.

Kurt's family lived across the street from mine when I was growing up in Arcadia, California. I was around 13 years old when they moved in, and Kurt was a new baby. I was his babysitter on many occasions and he became the closest thing I ever had to a little brother.

My mother was dying of cancer when I was in high school, and the Gregg's home was my get-away. Kurt's mom and dad were good to me. They became my friends, my sounding-board, and my mentors in many ways. They became my second family.

Time has passed and we have all moved away from Southern California, but they still treat me like part of their family. Kurt is now 27-years-old and he turned into one of the finest young men one could ever know. His bride, Beth, is beautiful, smart, and self-confident.

I have the honor of being here in Boise to celebrate with them.

Kurt and Beth have a wonderful life ahead of them. They are fortunate to have such amazing friends and family around them,... and examples of unconditional love.

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Gregg.

No comments: