Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

In the United States today is Father's Day. This holiday was officially established by Congress in 1953. It is a special day when children of all ages can stop and honor their fathers.

I am lucky, my father has been an amazing influence on my life. He was older to be having another child (I was born just before he turned 52-years-old), but his advanced age never stopped him from being an involved parent. He retired when I was in the eighth grade and had the time to be involved in my activities (I think at the time I did not like that fact that he was always around, but looking back... it was a blessing). He taught me more things than I can express here. I love him for showing me by his example how to be a good father to my own children.

This year he will turn 92 years old. He is still going strong, as he does not let his age slow him down.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. And to all fathers.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

No comments: